The GenY Success Show (Episode 5): Michael Bishop – What It Was Like Getting To Work With Nike, Creating Viral YouTube Videos
About This Episode
Unfortunately, Nike will not allow us to air this episode! If you’d like me to record another interview with Michael, let me know in the comments below.
Michael is a super funny guy. I really enjoyed interviewing him. He’s pretty humble, so it took a little bit of work to get some things out of him, but there’s a lot of good takeaways here. He works for Team Epiphany right now, and manages several social media handles for Nike.
He has a video on YouTube called I Love My Ducks, which has over 2 million views on YouTube. He talks about getting hired by Nike, making viral YouTube videos and being a Senior Writer for a large social media agency.
- How Michael and his friends thought of the idea for the I Love My Ducks brand
- What it was like starting a t-shirt business that received royalties from the University of Oregon every time a t-shirt was sold
- How to leverage social media to get internships
- How you can use social media as a digital resume
- What it’s like to work in social media
- Michael talks about travel and the 6 months he spent in living in Brazil and how it has broadened his perspective on life
- Michael talks about creativity and how he maintains it
Links From The Episode
- Team Epiphany
- I Love My Ducks (Return of the Quack) Video
- I Love My Ducks (I Smell Roses) Video
- I Love My Ducks Facebook Page
- Michael helps write for these Nike social media handles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+
- Books: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield, Daily Rituals by Mason Currey
- Favorite Online Tool: Yelp, Opal