The GenY Success Show (Episode 6): Brandon Epstein – Founder of Entrepreneur Fitness, How To Optimize Health & Fitness For Busy Entrepreneurs
About This Episode
Brandon Epstein is a health and performance coach, as well as the host of the top-ranked health podcast, The Entrepreneur Fitness Podcast. His mission is to help entrepreneurs live a life of flow. That entails mastery over one’s physical, mental and emotional fitness. To learn more about living a life in flow or to connect with Brandon personally – head over to his site EntrepreneurFitness.com.
It took me a little while to find a guest like Brandon Epstein because I wanted to bring on someone who not only was highly educated in fitness and nutrition, but also knew how to work with entrepreneurs. Brandon does just that. He specializes in working with busy entrepreneurs who may not have a lot of time to prepare healthy meals or to get a work out in.
Brandon also has a great podcast, the Entrepreneur Fitness Podcast, that’s a great resource for optimizing your health to increase your performance as an entrepreneur. I did my best to dig and get some tangible takeaways for you guys here. Hope you enjoy it!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Why it’s important to get into a “flow state” as an entrepreneur
- How to get into a “flow state” on demand
- Diet and exercise affects your mental and emotional states…not just your weight!
- Why the quality of the calories you eat is more important than the quantity
- Brandon gives examples of healthy carbs, protein and fats versus unhealthy ones
- Fat, as a whole, is not bad for you…it helps feed your brain
- “Reduced fat” is just a marketing ploy, check the amount of sugar in the foods you’re consuming
- People need food! Eat more to lose more
- Build each meal around lean protein
- Why eating every 3-4 hours is key to losing and maintaining weight
- If you’re hungry, that’s bad…even if you’re trying to lose weight
- Where the best place to eat fast-food is if you forgot to bring lunch
Links From The Episode
- Brandon’s website Entrepreneur Fitness
- Entrepreneur Fitness Podcast
- Brandon’s No B.S. Guide To Creating Six Pack Abs
- Sitting Is The New Smoking by Huffington Post
- Free 30-minute 1on1 fitness coaching session with Brandon
- Brandon’s self improvement app