(GYSS #15): Sophia Bera – Financial Planning 101 For Millennials, Paying Off Debts, Founder of GenY Planning
About This Episode
Sophia Bera is not your father’s financial planner. She is one of the top-rated financial planners for millennials. She provides a service different from most financial planners by offering a subscription based service in which her clients can get her advice on a monthly basis.
I found this conversation extremely helpful because she helped clear up all of my questions related to buying a home, my credit score, paying off debt and investing. If you need help managing your money, this episode is for you.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Sophia works specifically with millennials to help them manage their finances
- Should you buy a house or rent? Renting might be a better option for you depending on your circumstances
- Don’t be so rushed to buy a home
- Pay off the credit cards with the highest interest first, not the largest balance
- Sophia gives her recommendation for her favorite skymiles card
- Techniques for lowering the interest rate on your credit cards
- Sophia discusses the biggest myths when it comes to managing your credit score
- Sophia gives several great ideas and tactics for paying off student loan debt
- Should we save more? Or earn more? Trimming costs isn’t always the most effective way to pay down debt
- How best to utilize your savings
- What is a Roth IRA and how can I utilize one?
Links From The Episode
- Sophia’s Website, GenY Planning
- Paula’s finance blog at Affordanything.com
- Sophia’s article on Saving More Vs. Earning More
- Scott Dinsmore’s website
- Sophia’s Press page, she’s contributed a TON of press sites and been featured in many more
- The Suitcase Entrepreneur Podcast
- Contact Sophia directly at her email
Connect With Our Guest
Don’t forget to subscribe to The GenY Success Show on iTunes and leave an honest review! It really helps us out because it helps the show rank higher on iTunes so that other ambitious millennials can take advantage of this free resource as well.