(GYSS #19): Chris Bailey – Boost Productivity By Living With Intention, Founder of A Year of Productivity
About This Episode
Chris Bailey is the founder of A Year of Productivity, now known as A Life of Productivity. For a year, he conducted productivity experiments on everything from meditation to reducing his time on the smartphone each day. He has a ton of great insight on how to boost productivity and also how to look at productivity as more than just the ability to work longer hours each day.
Chris breaks productivity down into three categories: how you manage your time, energy levels and attention. We oftentimes look at time as the only way we can become more productive. Chris gives some great tips on how to keep your energy levels high throughout the day along with increasing your ability to focus as well.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Chris decided not to pursue the two job offers he received when graduating from University, but instead decided to pursue a passion of his: productivity
- Productivity is the life blood of every business
- As obvious as it sounds, we all have 24 hours in a day…it’s all about how smart we work within those hours
- Did I get done what I intended to do? Ask yourself this question at the end of each day
- Productivity isn’t about doing more faster, it’s about doing the right things very deliberately
- Chris asks himself this question at the beginning of each day: “What are the three things I need to accomplish in order to have a successful day?”
- Be intentional with your day…it’s the key to everything Chris talks about around productivity
- Avoid saying “yes” to everything…be intentional with what you don’t do as well as what you do
- The three parts to productivity are how you manage your time, energy levels and your attention
- Meditation is a great way to increase productivity and Chris gives his quick and dirty tips for getting started
- Start small when building new routines
- Shut off all of your notifications…you’ll see dramatic increases in your productivity
Links From The Episode
Connect With Our Guest
- Books: Getting Things Done by David Allen, The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr
- Apps: Simple Note
Don’t forget to subscribe to The GenY Success Show on iTunes and leave an honest review! It really helps us out because it helps the show rank higher on iTunes so that other ambitious millennials can take advantage of this free resource as well.