(GYSS #21): Jenny Foss – Create A Stellar Personal Brand Both Online and Offline and the Key Great Introductions When Networking
About This Episode
Jenny Foss teaches people how to be amazing at their careers through her website, JobJenny.com. She has 10+ years of experience recruiting applicants and placing them in key positions within companies.
Jenny has also a ton of great knowledge and insight around personal branding. So what is personal branding anyway? Jenny breaks it down into easily digestible chunks: online and offline personal branding. She digs into both and gives us great takeaways on networking, LinkedIn and how to navigate our careers like a boss.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Taking charge of the trajectory of your career is essential in finding fulfillment in your career
- Jenny has 10+ years of experience recruiting and placing the best employees with employers who need help finding the best employees for specific positions
- What sticks out most to her about great applicants is those that are P.I.E. (Passionate, Interesting and Engaged)
- You have a personal brand whether you feel you control it or not…
- Jenny gives her best tactics and strategies for creating a great personal brand
- Solicit feedback from close friends and colleagues…find out how they perceive your brand
- Figure out your SO WHAT? What makes you memorable and awesome?
- Jenny drops a MAJOR value bomb when she discusses how to introduce yourself in networking settings…you should ask a question to introduce yourself first
- Open body language is very important in networking settings
- For your online personal brand, it’s essential to take into consideration the consistency of your social media profiles
- Jenny gives great insight to create a creative and compelling LinkedIn summary
- Make sure your LinkedIn Profile picture is appropriately professional…dress up or dress down for your industry
- Friendly and humorous beats professional every time
Links From The Episode
- Amy Cuddy TED Talk – How Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are
- 4 Key Elements of a Killer LinkedIn Summary
- Jenny’s LinkedIn Profile Summary
Connect With Our Guest
Don’t forget to subscribe to The GenY Success Show on iTunes and leave an honest review! It really helps us out because it helps the show rank higher on iTunes so that other ambitious millennials can take advantage of this free resource as well.