(GYSS #24): Paul Angone – Author of 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
About This Episode
Paul Angone is the author of 101 Secrets For Your Twenties and the website AllGroanUp.com. Paul is a millennial who found out in his twenties that pursuing the traditional corporate route wasn’t ideal for him, so he decided to write about it.
We talk about what a quarter life crisis is, obsessive comparison disorder and how to find more fulfillment in life. Paul is a funny guy who shares a ton of wisdom that anything twenty something would benefit from hearing.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Paul talks about his first “real world” interview for a position as a used airplane parts sales assistant…and not being excited to start a boring career
- Paul talks about what being “successful” means and why it’s different for everyone
- What a quarter life crisis is and how to figure out your identity in your twenties
- One of the most dangerous jobs you can have in your twenties is one that’s comfortable
- Failure is a great way to find out what you’re passionate about
- Obsessive Comparison Disorder and how to overcome it
- The problem isn’t that we have unrealistic expectations, it’s that we have unrealistic timelines
- If we’re not willing to be embarrassed, we won’t ever do anything great
- Happiness is a choice, it has nothing to do with circumstance
- A great exercise for finding fulfillment is to write about what a typical day looks like for you 20 years from now
Links From The Episode
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- 21 Secrets For Your 20s Article
- 25 Signs You Are Having A Quarter-Life Crisis
- 11 Questions Every Twenty-Something Needs To Ask
- Top 21 Books For Twentysomethings
Connect With Our Guest
Don’t forget to subscribe to The GenY Success Show on iTunes and leave an honest review! It really helps us out because it helps the show rank higher on iTunes so that other ambitious millennials can take advantage of this free resource as well.