(GYSS #25): John Lee Dumas – Habits of Young, Highly Successful Entrepreneurs & Finding Great Mentors
About This Episode
John Lee Dumas is the founder of Entrepreneur On Fire, a 7-day per week podcast that interviews the most successful entrepreneurs in the entire world. John is a huge inspiration for entrepreneurs and podcasters around the world.
John and I discuss mentors, the habits of young, highly successful entrepreneurs and his daily routine. He shares a ton of great insight and this is a great listen!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- John spent most of his twenties in the military and job hunting…trying a lot of different things
- John talks about going against the grain and avoiding the traditional route of finding a job to work at for 20 years and retire
- Doing free work is a great way to trade value with a potential mentor
- You can learn anything you want to in this online space, your skills are worth much more than money
- Mentors are critical in succeeding as an entrepreneur and talks about why he chose Jaime Tardy and Lewis Howes
- John walks us through his daily routine and its importance in his success
- Eliminate outside distractions by keeping your notifications off on your phone and computer
- Be specific with what you want to accomplish, with every day!
- If you want to be, DO
Links From The Episode
- Entrepreneur On Fire
- Entrepreneur On Fire Podcast
- Episode with Josh Baeurle from CPA On Fire
- The Model Health Show Podcast with Shawn Stevenson
Connect With Our Guest
- Books: The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy, The One Thing by Gary Keller, Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill
- Apps: Tomato Timer, WorkFlowy, ScheduleOnce
Don’t forget to subscribe to The GenY Success Show on iTunes and leave an honest review! It really helps us out because it helps the show rank higher on iTunes so that other ambitious millennials can take advantage of this free resource as well.