About This Episode
Ashley Stahl is a career coach for millennials seeking better career opportunities by either starting a business or finding a job that is more suitable to their passions.
We discuss her career journey and how she transitioned into entrepreneurship, why “just starting” is the best way to learn and she gives a step-by-step guide to starting a business.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Ashley started her career in national security working at the Pentagon as a defense contractor
- She quickly realized that this wasn’t the career that would make her happy
- Ashley found out that she had a knack for job hunting and that many of her peers were asking for your help on how to find the best career opportunities for themselves
- Finding your niche can be tricky when starting a business, but make sure to ask yourself these questions: What are you good at? What do people tell you that you’re good at? And what’s holding you back?
- Passion isn’t enough, what are you gifted at? What skills do you offer to the marketplace?
- We’re our worst critic and it’s crucial to ask others what you’re good at
- Everyone has something they can turn into something entrepreneurial if they want to
- Keep a journal and take note of anything that “lights you up” during your work
- Starting a side-hustle is a great way to see if entrepreneurship is for you, while taking very little risk
- Start before you’re “ready” because you’ll never be “ready”
- Mindset is extremely important to your success because you have to train your subconscious mind…it has veto power over your conscious mind
- Ashley walks us through the steps of planning and starting a business
- Identify people you know that would be an ideal client and find out what their biggest challenges are
- Identify who has already gathered your ideal audience for you (i.e. organizations like TED or big influencers in your niche with tons of followers)
Links From The Episode
- Ashley’s Website
- Ashley’s TED talk
- Get Ashley’s Success Kit
- Simon Sinek TED Talk on Start With Why
- Ashley’s signature story on her about page
Connect With Our Guest
Don’t forget to subscribe to The GenY Success Show on iTunes and leave an honest review! It really helps us out because it helps the show rank higher on iTunes so that other ambitious millennials can take advantage of this free resource as well.