(GYSS #30): Marley Majcher – Founder of the Party Goddess, Knowing Your Hourly Worth and Focusing On Profit
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “Our time is our most valuable asset, much more than money.”
Marley Majcher is the founder of The Party Goddess, an event planning service in which she’s planned parties for Pierce Brogan, Sophia Vergara and several other celebrities.
Marley has a ton of great experience running businesses and we discuss how to know what priorities to focus on most as an entrepreneur, why profit tends to take a backseat to revenue and why your hourly rate is so important.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Marley went to college at Georgetown University
- Marley started her career in the restaurant and event planning industries
- Revenue is usually the #1 focus in business, Marley discusses why profit gets so overlooked
- Most entrepreneurs start their business backward, they look at their passions first and the market’s needs second
- Competition is a GOOD thing in business…it means there’s a need for product or service
- Marley talks failure and why it’s one of her favorite subjects
- What the McDonald’s effect is and why it’s so important to track your hourly worth