(GYSS #45): Nicole Abboud – 4 Steps To Shaking Up An Industry At A Young Age
About This Episode
Nicole Abboud is the founder of Nicole Abboud Law Offices and the host of the Gen Why Lawyer Podcast. She started her career out as a law professional before quickly deciding she wanted to start her own business.
Nicole and I discuss how to break into an industry at a young age. Many lawyers have 2-3x more experience than she does, but we talk about why that doesn’t matter. She shares her entrepreneurial journey and 4 key steps to becoming an authority in your niche.
Show Sponsor: Under30Experiences
Check out GenYSuccess.com/Under30 and use the promotional code “JasonB” to get $100 off a vacation to Costa Rica, Brazil, Central America, Peru, Iceland, Ireland and many more!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Nicole has been into fashion since she was a little girl and used to design her own clothing
- Why it’s important to interview and ride shotgun with people who are already doing what you want to do, whether that’s a business you want to run a job that you would like
- After 2 years or so into practicing law under a solo practitioner, Nicole decided to take the leap into entrepreneurship!
- Why great employees make great entrepreneurs
- How you can use being a youngster to your advantage
- How to use affiliations and awards to build authority
- How volunteering in the community and doing pro bono work can help you land clients
- Why sharing your story is such a big key to creating great content
- 4 Steps To Shaking Up An Industry At A Young Age
- Find out what you’re passionate about
- Find like-minded people (network, volunteer and interview)
- Build your Digital foot print (create content: blog, podcast, etc.)
- Find your first customers!
- Simon Sinek’s Start With Why TED Talk