About This Episode
Smiley Poswolsky is the author of the Amazon bestselling book, The Quarter-Life Breakthrough, a guide for millennials to find meaningful work. He’s also a keynote speaker on millennials and meaningful work, make sure to check out his TED talk!
I wanted to get Smiley on the show because he’s actually been through a quarter-life breakthrough himself. Most people talk about it, but he’s been through it! We discuss his journey and his 4 steps for getting “unstuck” in our lives and careers.
Show Sponsor: Under30Experiences
Check out GenYSuccess.com/Under30 and use the promotional code “JasonB” to get $100 off a vacation to Costa Rica, Brazil, Central America, Peru, Iceland, Ireland and many more!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Only 25% of college graduates move into a career related to their field of study
- We can learn something from every experience, oftentimes what we don’t want to do
- Smiley first realized he was “stuck” during his time in Washington D.C….the “boxes were all checked” but inside he knew something wasn’t right
- 70% of Americans are disengaged in their jobs
- How to know if we are “stuck” in our careers
- How to get “unstuck”
- Surround yourself with believers, find a supporting cast
- Stop comparing yourself to others and start pursuing work that is meaningful to you (examine these three areas: gifts, impact and quality of life)
- Start hustling with intention
- Smiley does a lot of journaling and is a very introspective dude! He recommends to anyone who needs help getting rid of stress or anyone who’s in the business of idea creation
Links From The Episode
- Smiley’s book, The Quarter-Life Breakthrough
- Smiley’s TEDx Youth talk