(GYSS #52): Robert Dickie – Author of Best-Selling Book The Leap
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “Be very careful of who you take advice from.”
I wanted Robert on the show because he specializes in helping launch your full-time career in the part-time economy we’re currently experiencing. He’s made the leap himself and we talk about his journey as an entrepreneur, his new book and how you can take the leap.
Show Sponsor: Under30Experiences
Check out GenYSuccess.com/Under30 and use the promotional code “JasonB” to get $100 off a vacation to Costa Rica, Brazil, Central America, Peru, Iceland, Ireland and many more!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Robert talks about what it was like taking a huge risk in leaving his corporate job in 2009 to start a business
- Why you should be careful about who you ask advice from and how to ask questions to get the best advice
- Questions we should ask ourselves if we’re feeling discontent with your job
- Am I satisfied with where I am today?
- Do I look forward to going to work?
- Am I learning something new?
- Do I feel I’m being pushed to my potential?
- Robert’s parents are not entrepreneurs and he doesn’t feel that they are born, but he feels that entrepreneurs make themselves through their hard work
- Why depending on one source of income is one of the riskiest things we can do
- How having options can create freedom for our lives
- Why having white space throughout the day is important for creativity
- Why we’re a product of the people we choose to surround ourselves with
- Networking rule of thumb: give before you ask