(GYSS #55): Greg Rollett – Create Impactful Content & Get The Attention of Influencers
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “People don’t follow the story, they follow the storyteller.”
Greg Rollett is the founder and president of Ambitious Media Group, where he creates content, products and services for affluent millennials and the brands looking to reach them. He is a multi-Best-Selling Author and Emmy Nominated Producer. He’s been seen on ABC, FOX, CNN, FOX News, E! and has been quoted in Forbes Magazine, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Inc and many other major media outlets.
The reason why I had Greg on the show is because he is a master content creator. He’s great at creating compelling content that people love to consume. We discuss his journey as an entrepreneur, how to craft a compelling story and creating epic content.
Show Sponsor: Under30Experiences
Check out GenYSuccess.com/Under30 and use the promotional code “JasonB” to get $100 off a vacation to Costa Rica, Brazil, Central America, Peru, Iceland, Ireland and many more!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Greg started his career out as a rapper for a rock band and played alongside of bands like Papa Roach and Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- How Greg got the attention from guys like Richard Branson and Chris Brogan by finding the outlets with the least amount of competition
- People don’t remember facts, they remember the stories…why your story is important and how to tell it
- Steps to creating impactful content
- Step #1 – Pick your medium (blog, podcast, video)
- Step #2 – Write content for the reader/listener – write with an outcome in mind
- Step #3 – Let the market dictate if your content is good or bad (ready, fire, aim)
- Biggest mistakes content creators make:
- Creating vanilla content (don’t give obvious answers to dumb questions)
- Not using research and facts to back up your claims
- Not editing your work