(GYSS #57): Founders of Self Journal – Goal Setting, Journaling & The Key Habits of Successful Entrepreneurs
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “What we’ve realized is that slow, steady action trumps all.”
Cathryn Lavery and Allen Brouwer are the duo behind Self Journal, a powerful yet simple daily planner to help you structure your day, enjoy life, and reach your goals quicker than you thought possible.
After leaving their day jobs in both Architecture and Marketing to work full-time on their side hustle businesses, they began researching successful people for guidance on how to optimize their days. After applying these to their lives and seeing how powerful these principles, hacks and routines were in moving them forward they created the Self Journal to help others do the same.
I wanted these two on the show because they have a ton of great productivity hacks to share and we discuss those hacks along with optimizing your day for success.
Show Sponsor: Under30Experiences
Check out GenYSuccess.com/Under30 and use the promotional code “JasonB” to get $100 off a vacation to Costa Rica, Brazil, Central America, Peru, Iceland, Ireland and many more!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Allen and Cathryn started out as accountability partners
- How to break down your goals into 90-day, monthly, weekly and then daily chunks to increase the likelihood of accomplishing them
- Why journaling is a powerful way to track and set goals, versus using Evernote or another electronic tool
- Ask yourself this question when setting your goals: “What would I want to tell people about who I am and what I’m doing 5 years from now?”
- Morning routines of highly successful entrepreneurs consist of meditation, reading, exercise, gratitude and journaling