(GYSS #60): April MacLean – Overcoming Adversity, Founder of Room To Dance
About This Episode
April MacLean has gone from abusive home to foster care to business owner. Both her dance studio and podcast & coaching brand are designed to spread hope, foster transparency, and teach people to use their unique personality and style to become a success story by giving generously.
I wanted to get April on the show because she has dealt with a ton of adversity growing up. We dig into her story, 3 steps you can use to overcome adversity and her newest business venture, Room To Dance.
Show Sponsor: Under30Experiences
Check out GenYSuccess.com/Under30 and use the promotional code “JasonB” to get $100 off a vacation to Costa Rica, Brazil, Central America, Peru, Iceland, Ireland and many more!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- April grew up for the first 8 years of her life at a zoo and was raised by a single mom
- She was pregnant and emancipated by the age of 15
- We discuss overcoming adversity and the importance of vulnerability, surrounding yourself with the right crowd and accepting
- How using your adversity to paying it forward can help in the healing process
- Why empathy is one of the most important qualities of a successful individual
- April talks about her newest business venture, Room To Dance, and why she started it
Links From The Episode
Connect With Our Guest
Recommendations / Rapid Fire Questions
- Success Habit: Quick Decision Making Skills
- Books: QBQ: The Question Behind The Question by John Miller, Boundaries by Henry Cloud, Carry On Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
- Apps: Coffeetivity, WordPress, Ommwriter
- Podcasts Our Guests Recommends: Entrepreneur On Fire, Entreleadership, Smart Passive Income