(GYSS #70): Killer Email Techniques & Templates For Networking and Outreach with Danny Rubin
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “You have to give before you get.”
Danny Rubin is a communications expert for the millennial generation and the author of the new book, “Wait, How Do I Write This Email?“…a collection of over 100 email templates for networking and job search. You can find more of his insights on his blog — NewsToLiveBy.net — which highlights the career advice “hidden” in the day’s top stories.
I wanted to get Danny back on the show to share his new book! We dig into detail about everything a millennial entrepreneur or businessperson needs to know about email: how to land interviews, how to network and how to connect with potential clients.
>>> Grab Danny’s New Book Here <<<
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Danny has spent the last year writing his book, Wait, How Do I Write This Email?
- Danny’s recommendations before you start writing a book:
- Use Google Analytics, keyword data and audience feedback from your blog/podcast to see what your audience loves the most
- Do competitive research to see who’s writing about something similar to see if there’s a need
- Put together a detailed outline of the entire book (Danny recommends using Scrivener)
- Steps to writing an effective email:
- Stroke the person’s ego and show them you care about what they do!
- Social proof (link to a blog, podcast, portfolio, press article about you, name drop someone they would know that you know as well, etc.)
- Call to action (be clear about what you want)
- Use 1-2 sentence paragraphs