(GYSS #76): YouTube, Vlogging and Branding with Amy Schmitthauer
About This Episode
Amy Schmittauer is the Founder and Face of SavvySexySocial.com. Leading the charge in video blogging for business, she has grown a following for the site that has amassed more than 1.2 million video views. She is a proud beagle mom, coffee addict and shares most of her life via video and on Twitter.
I wanted to get Amy on the show because she is an expert in everything related to YouTube! If you’ve ever wanted to try out video in your content mix, this is the episode to listen to!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Amy started her career in law and politics and quickly transitioned into a career that was more marketing focused
- Marketing isn’t just a department, it’s the entire organization
- Start with your brand first, then create content second…don’t just start creating videos!
- It’s important to know where your videos will be posted…YouTube and Facebook are much different
- Keywords are extremely important for YouTube and should be included in the title, description and the tags
- Audience retention is key with YouTube, make sure to deliver what your title and description promise
- Start with value first! Don’t start your videos with an explanation of who you are
- We discuss the ideal video length and structure of YouTube instructional videos
Links From The Episode
- Amy’s Free YouTube Course
- Amy’s Beginning Guide To Vlogging
- Resource Guide To Video Equipment
- The Social Authority Podcast