(GYSS #83): Develop The Habits of the World’s Top Leaders with Ben Austin
About This Episode
Ben Austin is the founder of Stop. Start. Do. and teaches you how to be a peak performing leader by mastering your success habits. His friends call him the illegitimate love child of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bill Nye.
I got Ben on the show because I’m FASCINATED with the habits of today’s top performers. We dig into his story, the essential habits of the most successful people in the world and how you can develop habits for you to become more successful.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- We talk about why Ben is the illegitimate love child of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bill Nye
- Personal Branding exercise questions
- Who comes to mind, real or fictitious, when you think of me?
- What’s one word you would use to describe me?
- What skill(s) am I great at?
- Ben and I talk about why he started Stop. Start. Do. and the moment he decided to take total control over his happiness
- Most every highly successful person has a consistent “priming” morning routine
- Mindfulness (meditation, praying and/or gratitude journaling)
- Consistent Understanding of WHY
- Daily focus on goals and the process of accomplishing them
- The morning is the best time for your success routines because your will power stores are the highest in the morning
- How new habits are made
- Cue (habit stacking)
- Routine (Action)
- Why it’s important to track your small, incremental wins to build your confidence
- Ben and I discuss how we get ourselves up out of bed when we don’t feel like it
Links From The Episode
Connect With Our Guest
Recommendations / Rapid Fire Questions
- Success Habit: Taking full ownership over everything in his life
- Books: Mastery by Robert Greene, Compound Effect by Darren Hardy, 6 Months To 6 Figures by Peter Voogd
- Apps: Evernote, Overcast
- Podcasts: Tim Ferriss Show, Smart Business Revolution, School of Greatness, Inspired Insider, Discover Your Inner Awesome