(GYSS #85): Keys To Growing Your Tech Startup with Tom Tancredi
About This Episode
Tom Tancredi founded DOM & TOM, a mobile application development shop, in 2009 and has since grown the company into one of the INC 500’s fastest growing companies in 2015 with over 45 employees. He is a fervent entrepreneur, having personally invested in multiple start-up ventures in New York City.
I wanted to get Tom on the show because of his expertise in growing tech startups. We discuss his career path and how he found mobile, why he chose to go into business with his brother and working with enterprise clients vs. small business owners.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Tom started his career in writing and worked on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Right out of college, Tom and 5 jobs in 5 years and we discuss what he learned from those experiences
- Tom started Dom&Tom with his brother because he wanted to build a business with his friends and family
- Why Dom&Tom made the shift to work with enterprise level clients vs. small business owners
- How to find and connect with enterprise level clients:
- Go to hackathons
- Be genuine and be yourself!
- Get interested in your technology and share your findings
- The difference between working with small business owners vs. enterprise level clients
- Tom shares why cash flow is king and why him and his brother paid themselves less than their employees for years
- Why honesty and transparency have been the biggest pieces to the success of Dom&Tom