(GYSS #86): How To Monetize Your Genius & Deal w/ Haters with Caitlin Pyle
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “Learning changes everything. It is THE deciding factor.”
Caitlin Pyle is a millennial entrepreneur who transformed her $40k-a-year freelance job into an online business that has grossed over $500k within 10 months of launch — and she did it in one of the tiniest niches on Earth. Based in Orlando, Florida, she’s currently on a 14-month travel adventure through South America with her husband.
I wanted to get Caitlin on the show because she is a rockstar entrepreneur! She runs two businesses right now, Proofread Anywhere and The Work Anywhere Life. We talk about her struggles as an employee early on in her career, how to deal with haters and how to monetize your genius.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Caitlin was fired from her proofreading job in 2011
- Caitlin’s became a personal trainer after leaving her job and soon found out it wasn’t what she wanted to do as a career
- Why being honest with yourself and what you want to do with your life is essential for finding career fulfillment
- Why it’s not worth your time to worry about haters (and why it’s a good thing if you have them)
- Caitlin had many doubts about becoming a freelancer
- Companies love hiring freelancers (and how you can become one for your employer)
- Caitlin walks us through the progression of how she started her businesses
- Just start! She started out freelancing on her own
- Provide value. Proofread Anywhere was started and she started blogging about what she was doing and building her email list
- Monetize a GREAT product. A month into blogging she created her first online course
- Focus on finding the RIGHT customers. Caitlin focused on finding the customers who are willing to pay a premium for her help.
- Caitlin walks us through her business model and how she earns money