(GYSS #91): How To Become A Jedi Master of Productivity with Paul Minors
About This Episode
Paul Minors is is a coffee drinking tech lover who is very passionate about productivity. His goal is to help people like you get more done and reach your full potential. He believes that by managing your time, energy, and attention, you can be a more effective individual. Not just at work, but in everything that you do. Paul helps people become more productive at PaulMinors.com, and he also hosts The Productivity Podcast.
I wanted to get Paul on the show because he’s a productivity expert who’s managed to build a real “side hustle” while maintaining a 9-to-5 job. We cover all kinds of productivity topics, including how being a perfectionist sometimes works against you. Paul talks about how to figure out why you’re not as productive as you’d like to be, how journaling improves your productivity, and how to schedule tasks in order to increase your productivity.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Paul lives in New Zealand!
- Paul started his “side hustle” almost sixteen months ago while still working a full-time job
- How Simon Sinek’s online course “Learn Your Why” jumpstarted Paul’s interest in productivity
- Why the most critical aspect of learning to become more productive is figuring out why you want to be productive
- How being a perfectionist is often detrimental to productivity (and why you should be okay with imperfection)
- How to figure out why you’re not productive (hint: keeping a daily journal may help)
- Where Paul says you should actually start when you want to become more productive (hint: it’s not Buzzfeed)
- Paul’s system for increasing your productivity:
- Paul’s quick tips for limiting distractions:
Links From The Episode
- Check out Paul’s in-depth guide on how to be productive here
- Getting Things Done
- Paul’s recommend tools: