(GYSS #96): Staying Focused & Overcoming Imposter Syndrome w/ Chandler Bolt
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “I knew if I put it out there, I’d be forced to do it.”
Chandler Bolt is the author of five best-selling books including his most recent book titled, “Book Launch”. He’s also the founder & CEO of Self-Publishing School, the #1 online resource for writing your first book. Through his books, training videos, and Self-Publishing School, he’s helped thousands of people on their journey toward writing their first book.
I wanted to get Chandler back on the show because his business, Self-Publishing School, has absolutely blown up over the past year! Since the last time Chandler was on the show, his business crossed the million-dollar mark. He recently became the sole owner of Self-Publishing School, and he’s now on track to bring in more than $4 million dollars this year. Yet, he still struggles with Imposter Syndrome. Chandler shares the two things he struggles with every, single day, and also shares what he’s learned after dropping out of school, starting his own business, and running a multi-million dollar business.
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
- Chandler dropped out of school; he now runs a million-dollar business!
- Self-Publishing School was just getting started the last time Chandler was on the show!
- Chandler’s business made more than $1.2M last year, and he’s on track for $4-5M this year
- Chandler says he still struggles with Imposter Syndrome: “It’s one those things that never goes away.”
- There are two things Chandler says he struggles with every, single day: confidence and decisiveness
- Chandler says public accountability is the #1 tool he uses to combat Imposter Syndrome
- Chandler talks about the first time he felt confident enough to quit school and start his own business
- Why Chandler borrowed $15K from friends and family in order to start Self-Publishing School
- What Chandler learned after buying out his business partner (and why the most confident person always wins)
- Chandler says laser-focus is critical to his success: “It’s so important to narrow your focus—less is more.”
- Chandler’s biggest focus was shifting from one-off tasks to repeatable business processes, systems, and products
- Chandler sets 5-7 monthly goals and breaks those down further by week and then by day in order to stay focused
- Chandler’s four types of people (and why it’s critical that you drop the last two):
- Multipliers: People who actively try to multiply your success
- Adders: People who add some sort of value to your life
- Subtractors: People contribute nothing but negative energy
- Dividers: People who go out of their way to sabotage your success
Links From The Episode
- Productivity Hacks & Self-Publishing Your Way To Success (Chandler’s first appearance on the GenY Success Show)
- Decisive (the book Chandler is reading right now)
- Check out our FREE 7-Part Course that will teach you how to start your own podcast
- Schedule a FREE 1-on-1 coaching call with Jason