(LS #1): Why Is It So Hard To Focus On Just One Thing?
About This Episode
Click To Tweet: “There’s always an endless amount of shit you could be doing.”
Welcome to the first episode in the GenY Success Learning Series! This month, we’re tackling all things productivity. In this episode, we talk about one of the most common questions we receive — why is it so hard to focus on just one thing? We break down the difference between productivity and efficiency, how to use The 80/20 Rule to maximize your efficiency, and why you should learn to “trust your calendar” to develop a daily system for working more efficiently.
Want to get our EXACT four-step system to implement the 80/20 rule in your own life? Make sure to grab the bonus content from this episode that will show you how to focus your time, energy and effort into the right things:
Next week, we’ll tackle the next question in our monthly productivity series, “How do I create more time in my day?” We’ll talk about how delegating increases your hourly worth, how we use VAs to help manage our business, and how to hire and manage your first VA. You won’t want to miss it!
Ways You Can Listen To This Episode
Stream with player here:
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- Focusing on one thing is so hard because there’s a LOT of things you could be doing as an entrepreneur.
- Productivity is NOT about getting more stuff done; there is a difference between productivity and efficiency
- Efficiency is a results-based focus whereas productivity is a time-based focus
- The biggest “time sucks” for most entrepreneurs (including us)
- Using Pareto’s Principle (The 80/20 Rule) to maximize your efficiency
- How you can learn to “trust your calendar” and develop a daily system for working more efficiently
- How to say “NO” to the things that don’t align with your goals
Links From The Episode
- Simple Time Track is a Chrome extension to track where you’re spending your time
- RescueTime will also help you understand where you’re time is going