Worldview / Audience
I believe that _____________
I believe that consistent personal development and a well-rounded perspective
in today’s world as a millennial.
- Biggest hopes & dreams
- Biggest fears
- Biggest obstacles
Identify 3 ideal listeners:
- Who have you identified that would listen to the show?
- Make your content specifically for that person
Set up, Creation, Recording & Launch
Set up equipment:
- Microphone, pop filter, Garageband
- Skype, Ecamm Recorder, Libsyn, Auphonic, ScheduleOnce, ID3 Editor
- WordPress Podcast page
Recording the episode:
- Make audio call through Skype
- Hit record with ECAMM Recorder
Setting up the intro and outro:
- Intro with episode #
- 5-10 second quote from episode
- Music and worldview
- Intro the episode
- Leave a review
- Top 3 takeaways from the conversation
- Transition sound
- The actual interview
- Transition sound
- What you the listener should takeaway
Mixing down episode:
- Episode is automatically saved to desktop after recording live call
- Split .mov file in half using Split Movie Tracks
- Convert to .mp3 using Convert To MP3
- Drag over and edit in Garageband
Uploading the episode:
- Create the show notes page: example here
- Share the Garageband file to your desktop
- Submit to Auphonic to level out the mixing
- Use ID3 Editor to tag episode
- Upload to Libsyn
- Put link into PowerPress on the WordPress Post
- Create a shortened show notes link with Pretty Link
- Schedule or publish the post
Submitting to iTunes & Stitcher:
- Submit through iTunes app
- Submit to Stitcher
Where to find guests:
- Trade magazines or publications
- Amazon best-selling authors
- Podcast guests
- Your customers
What to look for in guests:
- Heavy hitters in your niche
- Large social media followings and email lists
Tracking / reaching out to / prepping guests:
EMAIL: How to reach out to guests (canned responses in Gmail)
I would be thrilled if you could join me on The GenY Success Show, a podcast geared towards helping Generation Y succeed as entrepreneurs and business people.
I know you’re busy, which is why The GenY Success Show is an easy 30-45 minute audio only interview over Skype.
I would be honored if you would be willing to share your journey along with your expertise to our listeners. As a Millennial myself, I’ve seen how incredibly important it is to hear from experts on our generation about what makes them successful.
I’d be incredibly humbled if you would accept this invitation!
Here is a link where you can schedule a time that works best for you:
(Insert Email Signature)
Recording: By Participating in The GenY Success Show interview, you agree to allow GenY Success to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner. You also agree to allow GenY Success to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books and in all other public distribution.
EMAIL: Prepping guests (create canned response)
Here are the prep questions for the show! I’m very excited to record this episode and feel you have a ton of value to offer my listeners.
We are scheduled to record on: XXX
You can find details on my audience, what to expect during our interview and answers to other questions here: genysuccess.com/podcast-prep/
Here are the prep questions:
Theme: Quitting Google, Solopreneurship & The Freedom Lifestyle
Your Bio I Will Introduce You With:
Arman Assadi is the founder of WhyILeftGoogle.com. Arman helps solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, and wantrepreneurs create their own Freedom Lifestyle and build creative online businesses. He is a former Googler, turned solopreneur, writer, consultant, soccer player, and obsessive world traveler — currently based in San Francisco, CA.
Rapid Fire Questions:
Promoting / Marketing